jueves, julio 23, 2020

My Great Adventure

The first Christian cassette I ever owned was given to me in 1994.  The artist was Steven Curtis Chapman.  I believe the title of the album was For The Sake of The Call, but the song, The Great Adventure has always been in the back of my mind-obviously it was in my thoughts the day I named my blog; although I recall The Wind in The Willows being my main source of inspiration there.  Anyway, I still have that tape, and I still listen to it every now and then.  When I started this blog 20? years ago, I had NO IDEA just how adventurous my life would be.  Having said that, you may think that I am an explorer, or an astronaut, or a world traveler.  You would be wrong.  When I started the blog, I was a young wife.  I was also a daughter, sister, friend, aunt, cousin . . . nothing really extraordinary.  The most exotic thing I had ever done was going on a short term mission trip to Mexico City.  (I LOVED IT!)  Then I got married.  Soon after marriage, I was diagnosed with an incurable degenerative neurological condition.  Many years of fun times with my husband and my friends and my family followed.  Then, after 23 years of marriage, Mr. M and I decided to adopt a baby.  It was a long and emotionally taxing journey.  There were ups and downs, with a few blind curves thrown in.  That is one of the reasons I bought myself a pendant necklace that says, "Life is a beautiful journey."  You may not be able to see the road ahead of you (Who but God can??), but God promises that, for those who trust in Him, our final destination will be a good one.  We can expect hills and valleys, but the One who leads us is faithful, so SADDLE UP YOUR HORSES.https://www.google.com/search?q=lyrics+the+great+adventure+steven+curtis+chapman&oq=lyrics+for+the+great+adven&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l6.2

No hay comentarios: