domingo, julio 19, 2020

The Littlest Cinderella Story

I guess it wasn't really too much like Cinderella, but close enough--and cuter.  We all went to church as a family this morning.  After a short while of sitting still, Donny became restless, so we put his shoes on him and let him run around the courtyard.  After running around for a bit, he got back in his stroller and fell asleep.  That's when I noticed it:  his little feet were bare!  For the second time this week (both times having to do with my little prince), I found myself carefully retracing my steps in search of a lost item (or two.)  After only 5 minutes of looking, I saw that some kind fellow congregant had found Donny's right shoe and put it up on a table.  I grabbed it up, and I asked my fellow courtyard loiterers if they had seen the matching left shoe.  They hadn't.  Then I ran into a friend, and her two daughters volunteered to help me hunt for the shoe.  I went back to check on my barefooted baby, and he was still sleeping soundly in his stroller.  Then, I turned my head to the left, and there on the ground was the missing shoe.  It had come off (been pulled off) in the parking lot.  I ran to retrieve it, and called off the hunt.  I had found both pink pineapple shoes belonging to my Little Prince.  I was glad to have found the shoes, but I was profoundly grateful for the church, for the kind stranger who had set the right shoe on a table, and for my young friends who volunteered to help find the other.

No hay comentarios: