miércoles, agosto 12, 2020

Who Am I, and What Happened to the Author of this Blog?

 I found a stranger in my home tonight when I returned from a walk.  The stranger was me.  I was org

anizing photo albums on my wall unit, and feeling really good about it.  As I was standing on the ladder, I thought how much I was accomplishing, and that what I was really doing amounted to nothing less than MAKING MY HOUSE BIGGER.  By organizing, I was making more space, and I'll be able to use that space to store stuff, thus MAKING MY HOUSE BIGGER . . . AND CLEANER.  This is a new me, one that I have never met before.  I must say, I liked her, I mean me, a lot.  Still fun and funny, smart and sassy, sarcastic and skeptical, I was just more appreciative of my domestic role.  I found myself delighting in this grand plan to make my home a true haven of rest and peace and comfort for myself and my housemates (beloved husband and son), as well as for family and friends who stop by.  I was reveling in this aspect of femininity, reveling in making a warm and welcoming home for friends and family.  I had a wonderful time eating at a restaurant and relaxing at their patio with my BFF (who comes over all the time and will be a beneficiary of my domestic efforts), and then I had a wonderful time standing on a ladder organizing photo albums on the wall unit in my home.  Mundane as it may be, I felt extremely fulfilled in this small act of making our home more homey,  and I will go to bed-soon-feeling that I had a productive day.  I am proud of my accomplishments and am proud to be a woman and a homemaker.

No hay comentarios: