miércoles, septiembre 02, 2020

So You Feel Useless?

 Think you don't have the gift of encouragement? Let me encourage you to think differently. Due to some disappointing, discouraging, disheartening, and even disgusting news, I woke up feeling really down-so down that a hat couldn't even cheer me up. So I packed up my best friend, and we went to the local Christian university where I sometimes hang out and pretend to be young and hip. I needed to be with God's people. I had a coffee and a really good and encouraging conversation with a friend who happened to walk by. Then I went to . . . wait for it . . . the bookstore, and the nice student cashier made a good book recommendation to me, and his brother came in the store and seconded the recommendation. I sat outside and started to read, and I met up with a friend of mine. We just chatted; not about anything deep or theological, but I left very encouraged. Just by being present and friendly, all these people changed the course of my day. God used each of them to give me refreshment. Be present to those around you, and be friendly. You never know how much they may need it.

Like
Comment
Share

No hay comentarios: