viernes, octubre 16, 2020

Why I Love Christian History and Biographies

 I love to read books on Christian history and Christian biographies because reading about the One True Faith for all the ages and for all people reminds me what a privilege it is to be adopted into the one, great family of God, with our one head, Jesus Christ, and our one book of truth, the Holy Scriptures.  This is something for which I am so thankful, that faithful men and women from thousands of years ago right up to current times, have held to the same beliefs I hold to.  God is the God of many.  He is the God of Abraham, and, as anyone who went to Sunday school knows, "Abraham had many sons."  I am one of them, and it is so great to know that there are so many.  When I read biographies of Christians from thousands of years ago, or biographies of Christians who are living, I am reading about my brothers and sisters.  This becomes especially precious to me when I think of all the people who are lost in a spiritual buffet, taking a little Ghandi, some Confusious, a side of Oprah, and some Deepak Chopra for dessert.  Thank God for the spiritual meat that is The Bible, and for the One faith that is for all times!

No hay comentarios: