miércoles, mayo 09, 2007

14 adults, 8 toddlers

That was our party. As I set out all our folding chairs along with our old Corvette seats in the living room, I was afraid no one would show up, and I'd embarrassed and humiliated. However, as a few friends came early, and those few were enough to fill the room, I quickly realized we may be short of chair space. They came in droves. As we ate our pizza, guests just kept coming and coming. It was great. It had been such a long time since we hosted a pizza and movie night, that I just seemed to invite everyone I had ever known. In hindsight, it might not have been the smartest thing, but it was sure fun! We had pizza, and then began the evening entertainment, "A Night at the Museum". There was one point at which half the crowd left, due to fussy children and personal work schedules. It was then, after many were gone, that we dished out the ice cream. Nothing personal, but more for us. And, like all good parties, the night ended with us sharing stories about boogers and passing gas.
I've posted several pictures on my Flickr site, so you can see how we roll here in La Casa M. Check them out. Many invitations were lost in the mail, so if you weren't invited, it was probably just a postal mistake.

18 comentarios:

NEB dijo...

What, pizza without me? And I've been wanting to see Night at the Museum! And us living just down the street, too...

Oh, that's right. Our invitation got lost in the mail.

*looks askance at Jen*

Tony Kevin dijo...

yep. mine must have been lost.

By the way, I LOVE Night at the Museum. It is such a fun movie. It kind of makes feel like a kid.

The Resident Writer dijo...

Night at the Museum:
a little Gulliver's Travels,
some Toy Story,
Indian in the Cupboard,
a lot of Velveteen Rabbit'
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

I think Mel Gibson was right-there are only 10 original stories in the world . . . maybe 11.

But it was a clean, unoffensive, fun movie for a mixed crowd.

David Cho dijo...

So had Nathan and his wife come to the party, the post title would have been, 15 adults, 9 toddlers?

Can't have that.

NEB dijo...

This is why no one calls you Sir David.

The Resident Writer dijo...

I think you two should just settle your score with a duel. I'd like to see you two joust.

NEB dijo...

Joust what?

Think about it.

Okay, it's weak. It's Friday.

The Resident Writer dijo...

That was so weak, it was a month.

Get it?

It's Friday.

David Cho dijo...

First of all, why are you addressing me as your equal instead of kowtowing?

Merster calls me "Señor," which I believe is at least 4 -5 notches about "Sir."

NEB dijo...

Why are you still opening your mouth?

David Cho dijo...

Are you asking me or your new avatar? :)

M dijo...

Señor Cho...High five on that last one dude!

NEB dijo...

Touche. :)

The Resident Writer dijo...

Nathan and David-you two are worse than girls! Why don't you just have a face slapping and hair pulling fight . . . or go on Jerry Springer.

David Cho dijo...

I don't have any hair.

I partially agree with you. He is worse than a girl.

wagamama dijo...

This post was worth it if not just for the banter between Nathan and David...keep it up boys and I'll keep blogging for a very long time. :o)

I'll come to the next movie night, okay Jen! :o) When I don't have Bible study.

Teri dijo...

Maybe they should settle it with a duet.

neetm

Anónimo dijo...

I like that--see who can carry a tune better!