viernes, agosto 02, 2013

Something to Think About

I had a really vivid and memorable dream last night. I wrote it down as soon as I woke up. It made me cry in my morning tea. Here it is: I was at a big dinner with a lot of friends from church. (We had rice with almonds and red and green bell peppers. There were plastic blue tablecloths on the long foldable tables with white foldable chairs. I sat by L.M. on my right. B.B. was sitting across from her. The conference room was on a wharf, so we had ocean views.) An unnamed friend sat down beside me, excited about something. She asked me if I knew how much she appreciated our friendship. I replied, "Honestly, I don't. I could assume, but I don't like to assume, and you've never said anything." I'm starting to tear up just writing this. I guess it has been bothering me more than I knew, and it even made me sad in my sleep. Subconsciously sad, I suppose. It also makes me wonder if my friends know that I appreciate each of them with their unique gifts and idiosyncrasies. I think again of Proverbs 27:12, "Let another praise you, and not your own lips . . . "

No hay comentarios: