domingo, noviembre 17, 2013

Praying for the Priorities


The majority of my closest friends are single. I've never prayed that any of them would meet Mr. Right, and I never will, unless they ask me to. When I pray for my Christian friends, I pray the way that Paul prayed for the Ephesians; first, I pray that they would know God intimately. Second, I pray that my friends would look beyond any momentary trials in their lives, and focus on the riches they have in Christ, both here and in Heaven. Third, I pray that my friends will find their identity and their worth in Christ. We who are saved belong to Christ. We are His inheritance, His treasure.

In summary, I pray for my friends 1. to know God intimately (Eph. 1:17), 2. to know their future hope (Eph. 1:18), and 3. to know their value to Christ (Eph. 1:18.)

No hay comentarios: