lunes, julio 14, 2014

Have Fun Shining Your Light

All Christians, I think, are familiar with the command to let our light shine. (Matt. 5.) While I do not believe that Cyndi Lauper has any authority in spiritual matters, I do believe she has a good point when she says, "Some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world. I want to be the one to walk in the sun." I think the world could use a lot more Christian girls who are living their lives in the sun for all to see. It seems to me, sadly, that the Christians and Christianity are greatly misunderstood now, and that there is an urgent need for Christians to unashamedly shine our light of love. We all have opportunities to do this, in our neighborhoods, schools, workplaces . . . every minute of every day. I have been doing this through volunteer work in my neighborhood, but there are myriads of other opportunities. Eph. 5:16 tells us to make the most of every opportunity. Do you have children in school? Get to know other kids' families. Befriend and pray for them. Maybe your co-workers need to see the light that God has given you. We all have family members who need to see how a Christian lives and loves. As Christians, we all need to help to dispel the misconceptions that surround Christianity.

No hay comentarios: