lunes, noviembre 17, 2014

A Mother's Wisdom

http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Poetry-Looking-Bright-Side/dp/1620205033/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ieWhen I was 12 or so, my mom told me that, as far as work, to start doing what I wanted to do; just start doing it, and do it for free.  Well, that's what I did with my book.  I just did it, for free.  It was fun, so I paid to have it published.  There.  I said it.  I didn't have an editor, and no one but myself needed to say the book was good enough to be published.  I seriously doubt I'll ever make enough off of it to even come close to breaking even, but having it to give to my friends was worth every penny.  I am paid in smiles and laughs and good reviews by friends.  I don't think I applied my mom's advice in the way that she meant me to, but I applied it nonetheless.  That was the best piece of advice my mom ever gave me.

No hay comentarios: