jueves, junio 04, 2015

Review of Tear Down This Wall of Silence.

I chose to review this book, which was given to me for free by the publisher, because sexual abuse is something I know nothing about and it doesn't affect my life in any way . . . or so I thought.  As I read, I remembered the big and public scandal of a man in my church who was convicted of multiple molestations.  It was all so complicated, since he was such a nice guy, a choir member and a family man.  It was unclear, though, whether his estranged wife had just fabricated these accusations as some type of revenge.  I don't know the truth, I don't know if anyone does, I just know the guy's in jail.  I guess sexual abuse has affected my life, after all.  I also remembered as I read the required reading and police background check I had to do before I could serve in a Sunday School class.  This book made me see the importance of those safeguards, and made me thankful that my church takes these protective precautions.  As I continued reading, I also came to understand why one of my best friends is uncomfortable with physical affection.  I've never been a victim of abuse, but I've definitely been affected by it, and I bet you have, too.  This book helped me see the enormity of the problem, and the urgent need for vigilance, love and prayer for our churches.

For more information, go to http://ambassador-international.com/books/tear-wall-silence-dealing-sexual-abuse-churches-introduction-will-hear/

No hay comentarios: