martes, abril 25, 2017

Another Week, Another Book . . . and Various and Sundry Other Assorted Thoughts

Mr. M and I recently went to a good-bye party for a friend.  At the party, we were talking about well-known Christians, not all of them famous, just well-known by other Christians.  For such a large number of people, God's family is still pretty small.  A lot of us know each other, or at least know of each other, or know someone who knows our friend or goes to their church, or reads their blog, etc. etc. and so forth and so on.  A good example of that is N.D. Wilson, the author of this kids' sci-fi book that I'm reading, and also the author of several theological works.  I can't say I know N.D. personally, but I bet I have a friend who does.  What I can say for sure is that I pray for N.D., since I know through various news sources that he is having some health issues.  That, to me, is a good picture of the church-praying for each other, even those we don't know, and suffering with each other (those in jail and living under persecution), and bearing the burdens of one another, doing what we can to help each other in whatever way we can.

No hay comentarios: