miércoles, mayo 24, 2017

Perfection and Utmost Delight

Once in a while, I get the urge to really crack down on my brain and learn something.  That is why I was thrilled (and even did a happy dance in the street) when this book arrived in my mailbox.  The book deals with the 500 years of Protestant influence across the globe, from toppling government regimes and rejecting communism, to work ethics, to the way we think about our families.  I can't wait to start getting smart!  As a warm up for my brain, to force it to think deeply and Biblically, I started reading The Christian Counselor's Casebook by Jay Adams.  Just holding the book made me feel smarter!  Seriously, though, if you want to be challenged to think Biblically about your own life and problems, and those of other people, I can't recommend the Casebook enough.  In my sudden desire to know things, I also started reading a book called The Gospel & Mental Illness by Heath Lambert, the executive director at the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.

Inspired by me, Renee also wants to start reading.  She would love it if someone would give her any back issue of Dog Fancy magazine.  As I want to encourage her efforts, I'd be happy to pick it up anywhere in Santa Clarita.  (Except for Mayfair Ave.)

No hay comentarios: