jueves, julio 27, 2017

Thinking About Faith

On our little weekend getaway, there was joy and there was peace.  Now I am back at home, back to the things that seem to rob me of peace and joy.  But do they really?  Is my life really devoid of peace and joy now?  Not if I live by faith.  (2 Cor. 5:7.)  Jesus came that I would have life, and have it to the full.  (Jn.10:10.)  That means a joyful life.  Jesus came to give joy to those who believe in Him.  Jesus also gave us peace.  He left us with His eternal peace before He died and rose.  (Jn. 14:27.)  So I have joy, and I have peace.  Do I always feel joyful and at peace?  No.  This is where faith comes in.  Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of things we do not see.  (Heb. 11:1.)  By faith, I must live joyfully, knowing I have joy whether I see it or not.  By faith, I live as if my life was completely peaceful, even though it doesn't feel that way.  I must remember that Jesus left us with peace, and by faith, I live in His peace, invisible as it is.  I keep in mind that the things that are unseen are eternal.  (2 Cor. 4:18.)  I must fix my eyes on thing unseen.  Ironic?  Yes.  True?  Yes.  If we are to live by faith, we must believe that the things we do not see  (angels and demons, spiritual forces of light and darkness, the past and the future, spiritual forces of good and evil in the heavenly realms) are more real than the things we see in the world.  (Ro. 8 & Eph.6.)

No hay comentarios: