jueves, octubre 19, 2017

Living with Limitations

For the past few weeks, I have been thinking about getting a job.  I was thinking of how nice it would be to expand my daily world and influence, and feel more useful and needed.  So I did a few things towards that end, and I soon found myself applying for a local job as a part-time nanny.  The job seemed perfect, the hours were great for my schedule, it was close to home.    So I accepted when it was offered to me.  The woman who hired me explained that it would be absolutely vital that I be there when her son was dropped off at home by the bus.  That would be the most important part of the job.  Well, I did the job, and I did it well, but as the boy was taking a nap after school, I had plenty of time to think.  It would be irresponsible of me to take the job, given my unpredictable health.  I can't count on my health to allow me to function well at any given time.  It would be unfair to the woman to commit to being there daily at a given time.  It was hard to admit that, and sad to realize my limitations, but I think it was the right thing to do.  It is sad for the woman because she needs help, but I just can't conscientiously make that commitment.  I do hope she finds the right person for the job soon.  Meanwhile, I wait for another opportunity with less pressure, and I trust God and pray that He will use me in this down time to glorify Him and edify others.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Friend, even those of us who lead exciting lives have these times...my last mission in Alaska went well, until I lost my focus repelling down a glacier. I dropped to the tundra rapidly and at an odd angle, causing a shocking sensation to rip through my lower back. It was probably sensitive because of the hand-to-hand combat the day before, but you should've seen the other guy...

HQ has airlifted me to a secure location, and I've been on a cabin floor for three days now. I was isolated before a fellow agent took a detour from her op to set up my temporary communications station here. Going to a hospital could blow my cover, so I'm holed up until I'm able to walk again...thinking of you in that sunny California climate. Have a cup of coffee and remember the good times...

Out for now.

-Persnicketta