jueves, julio 16, 2020

The Best Blog Post You'll Ever Read

I may have oversold that.  I just wanted to use my new computer-not new at all, but I got a cover for it, and it feels like a new computer to me-and I wanted to talk about me and my day.  Because it's all about me.  Not really.  Well, this is my blog, so I guess it is all about me.  Who is me?  I am a woman saved by God's grace.  I am a woman who loves and adores my husband, and is totally thankful for his friendship and wisdom and for the way he takes care of his family.  I am an extremely happy and thankful mother.  God has made me a joyful mother, and I am forever grateful for it, and I am proud to tell the world that the amazing God I serve has done wonderful things for me.  I am a woman who loves to read and to challenge herself mentally and physically.  Right now, I am most excited about the mental challenges I am putting my brain through.  Call it a mental obstacle course, and I'm hoping to become a mental ninja warrior.  I am currently reading a book on apologetics (Mama Bear Apologetics.)  It is a good resource, and it has whet my appetite to learn more about apologetics, and to familiarize myself with the subject.  Christian Apologetics is a logical defense of the faith.  It is using logic to prove that a Biblical Worldview is the only correct Worldview.  This is nothing new.  This is just restating the orthodox Christian beliefs of Martin Luther, John Knox, Tyndale, Bunyan, St. Augustine, and of course, the apostles and prophets, and all Christians throughout the ages.  The Protestant Reformation has a special place in my heart, since I first started studying the Bible when the Catholic high school I attended taught us about that trouble-maker who thought everyone should be able to read the Bible for themselves, as opposed to the Bible belonging only to the Catholic church.  I agreed then with the trouble maker, and I still do.  Like Martin Luther, I think people should read the Bible for themselves and find a church that teaches the Bible-not someone's opinion.  I have read and studied the Bible, and I go to a church that teaches the truths of the Bible.  God has given me a love for the truth that is found only in the Bible, and I am embarking on a study of apologetics so that I can better understand and articulate that truth to others.  I don't pretend that this will be easy, but I am convinced it will be worth it.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.  I hope it wasn't the worst blog post you've ever read.

No hay comentarios: