lunes, julio 13, 2020

Made for More

I know for a fact that God gives us all different gifts and abilities.  God gives the gift of singleness, and He must also give the gift of childlessness.  Some singles are totally content as singles, others get on every dating site and app, and visit different churches-sometimes even different states-looking for other ponds with more, and better, fish.  Some couples are completely content to be childless, to devote themselves to each other and to extended family, to throw themselves fully into their careers or schooling or ministry.  Mr. M and I were content to be just us for many, many years.  We spent a lot of time in ministry, we went on some amazing vacations, and we just enjoyed each other.  I always wanted to be a part of this "mom club", though.  I wanted to be able to struggle with other women through the harder times and uncertainties of motherhood, and I wanted to be able to laugh and rejoice about how our children were learning and growing.  I had had an amazing mother, and I wanted to see if I could be one.  I wanted the challenge of introducing a new person to the amazing creation of God, and to bring into the world a young person who would inspire others, and love them, and who would be bold in Christian values.  I had been involved in various children's ministries in the church, and many community outreaches.  It just wasn't the same, though.  I was more than ready to trade in fancy dinners downtown for bowls of yogurt with rice puffs in our little home.  I was ready for the mess and the late nights, and I was up for the challenge of introducing a little guy or girl to the outdoors, and to the wonders of sports and physical activity, and to (of course) reading and developing imagination and a sense of humor.  In short, Mr. M. and I decided to start down the long road to adoption, and now we are a happy family of 3.  God has a place and a role for everyone in His kingdom-and that role may change with time-so we must be sure to give thanks for all--for the singles, the marrieds with AND without kids, and for the single parents.

No hay comentarios: