viernes, mayo 13, 2011

Notable Family Presents

My family is not so good at giving gifts; but we are funny about it. Some of the best presents I got from my dad. We share the same sense of humor, and we see silliness where others see sentimentality. On my 8th birthday, he got me a 10-pound dumbbell. No, that wasn't a type-o. He got me one dumbbell. ONE. For one Christmas, he secured a can of tuna inside of a roll using a rubber band, and that was my gift. The year I worked at McDonald's, he got me a Big Mac and left it wrapped (in nice Christmas wrapping paper) under the tree. For my wedding, he found an old, burnt, and splintering hammer by the side of the road and gave that to me. He may have thought that was a good joke, but that hammer has come in handy more than I could tell you.

2 comentarios:

Pensador dijo...

I like your family. None of that list-making, trying to figure out how much money to spend on each family member, what would each member like, should you get mulitple small gifts or just one big gift?

Nope, you just go to the side of the highway, find a rusty hammer, throw a bow on it... awesome!

The Resident Writer dijo...

No bow.