lunes, mayo 16, 2011

Adventures In The Recycle Bin

I was thinking about TV this morning. I was thinking about how I would never watch TV during the day until we got TiVo. The commercials on daytime television are just way too depressing, as they all imply that the only people who ever watch TV during daytime hours are uneducated, jobless ne'er-do-wells. I was deep in thought when I went out to get the mail. We got an advertisement from the local grocery store, and a piece of important mail. As it is trash and recycle pick up today, our trash and recycle cans were out. Having the recycle-bound advertisement in my hand, I figured I'd save myself a trip and just put it directly into the big recycle bin. So I did. But then, I looked down at my hand, and there was the advertisement. I had accidentally put the important mail in the recycle bin and kept the ad, and the recyclables had already been collected, so the important document was at the very bottom of a very tall and very empty can. Ugh! I went to the can and tipped it over, and tried to reach the letter. I couldn't. I had to crawl inside the plastic can and retrieve the mail. Good thing my neighbor had just driven up in her Mercedes. That completed the picture. And it all happened because of TV. No good can come from TV.

5 comentarios:

Pensador dijo...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

You know these types of things could only happen to you right? :P

The Resident Writer dijo...

They can happen to anyone. Only I embrace them, though, so that I can write about them and make you laugh at me.

Pensador dijo...

you crawl around in trash cans, I walk into moving cars... we're even... for now

The Resident Writer dijo...

Guess that means we're both human.

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough dijo...

I once had to fish my keys out of a trash can when I was heavily pregnant with...Elise, I think. But thankfully I was partially inside the garage so to this day I reassure myself that nobody saw me. And if they did see me and didn't offer to help the hapless pregnant lady - shame on them! :-P