martes, junio 28, 2011

Seeing Past Your Nose

This was a special weekend. I saw a lot of people who had a profound influence on the early years of my Christian walk, an influence that continues today. Along with the grateful backward glance, there was also a forward glance considering the obligation I have to the next generation of Christians. All Christians need encouragement, but young Christians also need the guidance of more mature and experienced Christians. I have an obligation to share the lessons I've learned from experience.
If we can imagine Christianity as a wheel rolling through time, every generation of Christians is a spoke in that giant wheel. Many generations have gone before us, pulling us along as they progress, and we must pull along the spoke behind us, spurring them on to maturity, and encouraging them to do the same for the spoke behind them. To quote President Bush (out of context), "Let's roll!"

No hay comentarios: