viernes, octubre 14, 2011

My Sister's Keeper

I have been ill and confined to the couch for a week. Yesterday, I watched My Sister's Keeper, the story of a cancer patient and her family. There were a lot of hospital scenes that reminded me of the time I have spent in hospitals with friends. In short order, my mom died, followed closely by two good friends. At the end of the movie, after the sister who had cancer has died, the other sister concludes that she sees no big picture, no grand purpose in her sister's life and/or death, and she is left simply with a feeling of much gratefulness for the sister she had, and the privilege she had of knowing her. That's how I feel about my friends. That's how I feel about my mom, too, only more so since she had so much influence on my spiritual (and daily) life, and I thank God He chose her to be my mom.

No hay comentarios: