sábado, diciembre 17, 2011

Love and Hate, From the Beginning of Time

It is a gray day today, ominously overcast. Yet I am excited to greet this day; excited because a Christian couple from church will be wed today. I like all weddings, but I love Christian weddings. That is because Christians acknowledge a marriage to be a holy institution, a sacred bond between a man and a woman directly ordained and promoted by God Himself for our good and His glory, a union meant to last for the whole of our lives.
I've been reading a lot about God and His people in Loving The Church by John Crotts. I highly recommend it. I've also been reading a book by a controversial political figure. Why is she so controversial? Because she is . . . Da,da,DA . . . a Christian. People hate Christians. Being a Christian and being hated for my beliefs makes me really love and cling to The Church. When people hate you, it's nice to know you're not alone. The world hated Jesus first. (John 15:18.)

No hay comentarios: