jueves, diciembre 22, 2011

Political Motivation for Prayer

In his first letter to Timothy, Paul urges Timothy and his congregation to pray for kings and all those in authority so that we may live "peaceful and quiet lives in all Godliness and holiness." Repeatedly in the Gospels Jesus tells His disciples to watch and pray. He is referring to world and national events.
Not being very politically involved, I have had little motivation in the past to pray for our nation's leaders and law-makers. However, reading The Vanishing Conscience by John MacArthur, along with the political autobiography I'm reading, has changed all that. There is far too little common sense in our law books, and that needs to change.

1 comentario:

NEB dijo...

I read too quickly, and thought I saw "...the political autobiography I'm writing..."

Which I would totally read.