domingo, enero 15, 2012

A Sunday in L.A.

It is another gray day here, but there is a great lightness in my heart and soul because of what this day has been, and will be. We had a great introduction to the study on which we are about to embark, a study of Deuteronomy. The time between then and now was filled with a blur of friends and laughter, taquitos, chimichangas, and a little rain. Soon, Mr. M and I will again be driving down to church to enjoy communion, A.K.A. The Lord's Table, where the church gathers to remember Christ and all that He saved us from. I was again struck this morning by just how important the Church is to a believer. My fellow church members keep me accountable in my walk with Christ. These people I see week after week remind me of the joy and privilege I have to daily walk with Christ, and sometimes that reminder is sorely needed. People-mostly college students-ask my advice on subjects ranging from dating to missions, and I get to ask advice of other, more mature Christians. I have the opportunity to see a need and to fill it, and I have the chance to ask others for help where I need it. The church is very give-and-take, a vital institution for anyone who desires to walk with Christ. My favorite thing about the church is that I know it is God's will for me to be there. There is no question about that.

No hay comentarios: