sábado, marzo 03, 2012

Stockpiling Books

I have at least 6 books just sitting in the bleachers, waiting to be read. I temporarily put Wordsmithy aside so I can focus on poetry for a while. I am now reading Intro. to Poetry, and while I enjoy it, I can't wait to be done with it and get back to Wordsmithy. I am also reading Putting the Amazing Back Into Grace, a wonderful book on Reformed theology. The next book up to bat was going to be The Dog Who Knew Too Much, a novel about a detective and his dog, but the batting order may change as I have just ordered a book about the slums and shantytowns of India. It is a non-fiction book by a journalist.
All the talk about electronic readers has me scared that the demand for printed books will go so low that their price will skyrocket. I can go on about the practical reasons I can never see myself with an e-reader, but I must admit that when it comes down to it, I like people to see the covers of the books I'm reading so that they can admire my discerning literary taste.

No hay comentarios: