viernes, abril 27, 2012

A Month (or so) of Living Decadently, or, All About Accessorizing.

I am not one prone to overspending, or spending at all, really. However, the past few weeks (or months) have been different. For the first time since I can remember, I bought some jewelry for myself. I bought it to celebrate my friend's wedding. That one special event has been the justification for most of my spending these past few months. I am so happy for her, and I am so happy for me, and I don't know how else to express that happiness other than buying jewelry, and getting my hair professionally styled-a first for me. The jewelry really made me happy, because I think it will add to the ambiance of the entire bachelorette party. It's not that I don't own jewelry; I just never bought any. That's not to say I've stolen jewelry; I've obtained it in various ways-Mr. M has given me some beautiful pieces. I have a long strand of beads that has been a staple in my small collection of accessories ever since I found it at a McDonald's 20 years ago. Then there is the red necklace I have from a friend who accidentally gave it to me on another friend's birthday. (Long story, one we still laugh about.) I've also inherited jewelry, some of which I did at one time purchase. I didn't buy it for myself, but I still ended up with it. Well, I'll keep this jewelry I bought for myself as a reminder of these happy months leading up to my friend's wedding.

3 comentarios:

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough dijo...

What did you buy? Description, please!

The Resident Writer dijo...

Blue and purple jewels on a choker necklace made of dark metal-really vintage looking.

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough dijo...

I love it already - it sounds beautiful!