lunes, junio 24, 2013

Unearthed

I've just started taking piano lessons. I took lessons when I was young, but then I messed up my ivory-ticklin' skills so much in my 20s, that I decided it was necessary to call in a professional to and start from scratch. Besides practicing with the new book I bought to go with the lessons, I also got out all my old piano books from my youth (a lot of folk songs and hymns), and I also found my harmonica and all the hymns with the harmonica notes. It's been fun having this trip down memory lane. I also found an old mixed CD in one of my books. It was simply titled, "80s Favorites". So far, I've heard Amy Grant, The Beach Boys, Nelly Furtado, Journey, and Pat Benatar. "We belong, we belong together."

2 comentarios:

Nuthatch dijo...

That is inspiring!

The Resident Writer dijo...

Good!