martes, julio 23, 2013

The Bad News Blues

I don't know what the ringer is, but I feel like I've been through it in the last few weeks. Maybe it is the wringer, which would be more appropriate, as I feel like a sponge that has been twisted and squeezed until every last bit of levity has been wrung out. I've been hearing a lot of bad news lately, and not much good news. I guess its a case of the bad news blues I don't think it is right to ignore or deny the bad things (we want to weep with those who weep and carry each others' burdens), but we must find joy and comfort in the fact that everything is in God's loving control. Sometimes finding joy really means fighting for joy. Only when we let our faith battle it out with our doubts and disappointments will joy come out victorious every time.

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Thanks, WW. I needed to hear this, too. It's been one of those days when I just can't seem to get out of my funk. Been praying pretty much all day. Some better, now.

The Resident Writer dijo...

It helps a lot to put all the feelings in my heart and the thoughts in my head on paper; and I'm so glad I did; I was really praying that it would be an encouragement to somebody.