miércoles, agosto 07, 2013

Embracing The Past

The first published book of poetry in America was written by a Christian woman. The first institutions of higher learning in America were founded by Christians. The spread of literacy to the commoners in Europe was the result of Christian thought. Christians were the first to see the need of medical care for people in America and abroad, and the first to establish hospitals for the common good. This is a past to be proud of. And I am. It makes me so happy to read about brave, responsible, respectable, highly educated Anne Bradstreet. I am happy and proud and I thank God that I am spiritually descended from Christian people who contributed so much to society. Christians have always been among the leaders to recognize the needs of society, and among the first to meet those needs.

No hay comentarios: