domingo, agosto 18, 2013

Mrs. M and Her Mighty Hat

Today was the official kick-off of WOW week at our church, where all this year's incoming freshmen are welcomed to the church, and the college affiliated with our church. Excitement and anticipation is in the air as these kids come from all over to prepare for their futures. Some come with specific and definite plans, some come just planning to come up with a plan in the next couple of years. I, too, am planning for my future. For most of my life, I've had no plan except to come up with a plan eventually; after some heavy soul-searching, I've identified a specific plan, and have taken the necessary action needed to carry out this first phase in the planning of my future: I bought a hat.
Mr. M and I enjoy outdoor activities, and we also enjoy not getting sunburned. For the protection of my fair skin, I have invested in a good sun hat. I love hats, anyway, so I enjoyed buying the hat. Mr.M, however, hates hats. He hates them so much, in fact, that I suspect that he had some traumatic experience in his formative years involving a hat. My good Mr. fails to see the deeper meaning behind my "Mighty Hat." The hat is my preparation for the future. In Proverbs 30:25, the ant is praised for preparing for the future. Pro. 6:6-8 goes further, telling us how the ant looks to the future and gathers extra provisions just in case. Taking a cue from the diligent and wise ant, I know there will be many sunny track days and race days and hikes and long days in the sun drinking cold mochas with a friend, so I bought a mighty hat in preparation. Are you prepared for the events that your future most likely holds?

No hay comentarios: