domingo, diciembre 22, 2013

Laughter Junkie

I have used humor to get out of a lot of jambs, but humor is so much more than a way to get out of trouble; it's a way to get in . . . in to peoples' hearts. Like most people, I had a rough patch in high school. I wasn't like the other girls. I wasn't boy crazy, I didn't put hours (or even many minutes) into my appearance. I didn't care about popularity, and I didn't even care about being cool. I just liked to make people laugh. I still do. It makes my day. In high school, I'd do anything for a laugh-jump in a dumpster, clip a sock in my hair . . . I was on the skit team in our youth group, so I once sat in a water-filled kiddie pool-outside-to illustrate the healing at Bethesda. I also had to try and keep a straight face while another skit team guy told me he had the gift of extortion. One of the sillier skits involved me being a crazed, adoring teenage fan of Vanilla Ice, a skit we filmed at a popular mall. I am unembarrassable. The college kids ask me what was my most embarrassing moment, and I don't have any, because I was never embarrassed . . . I just laughed and enjoyed myself. 20 years later, and I'm doing the same thing. Anything for a laugh. Planking on the sidewalk in front of a coffee shop while wearing a cowboy hat? Sure.
Going to Starbucks in a Bigfoot costume? Why not?
Some things you don't outgrow; I'm just glad I have friends who enjoy my antics, shenanigans and tomfoolery as much as I do!

No hay comentarios: