viernes, enero 10, 2014

Making Sense of the World

I came home from a walk and read Psalm 19, about God's holy word. Where would I be without it? How would I understand the world? What would I think when people were mean and rude to me, and to what would I attribute the kindness of others? How would I view the trials in my life? Have you ever thought of that? If you didn't have the Bible, would you take your worldview from Hollywood, where any moral standard is sorely lacking, and life circumstances are chalked up to karma and complete randomness? How would we know right from wrong without the Bible, and would we even know there is a right and wrong? Because of the precious once-for-all, never-changing Bible, we know people are mean to us or kind to us according to what God has set in their hearts. We find in the Bible that God hardens people's hearts, and they are mean; He softens their hearts, and they show us kindness. We know that the trials we face were designed just for us to make us more like Christ. From the Bible, we see that God is sovereign over all, and that nothing happens randomly or by chance. We see in the Bible that there is absolute truth, a definitive moral standard that transcends time and culture. Let us all give thanks for God's written word, and never take it for granted. It is "a lamp to our feet and a light to our path." I'm so glad I'm not stumbling around in this world in the dark, tossed to and fro like a wave in the sea, not knowing the meaning and purpose of life. Thank God we have a sure foundation for our beliefs.

No hay comentarios: