viernes, enero 10, 2014

Where Did The Time Go?

I just got a book called T.V., The Great Escape! by Bob DeMoss. DeMoss enthusiastically calls people-especially Christians- to go T.V.-free for 30 days. This sounds like a great idea to me. I don't watch a ton of T.V. I don't even watch my fair share, whatever that means. I could still benefit from re-evaluating my usage of it. I am doing my own 30 day challenge. I'm not going completely T.V.-free, but I am limiting my viewing to just a few pre-selected shows that I've written down. What I did was to make a list with 2 columns: shows I watch by myself, and shows Mr. M and I enjoy watching together. You may be wondering, "How is spending time on the internet, or even reading a book, so much different than watching T.V.?" Let me tell you. I can put down a book and think about what I've read, I can bookmark a blog or a website, go for a walk and think about what I've just read and decide if I want to keep reading or not, where as T.V. doesn't allow for that. The box just won't shut up! Television is made for an audience with the attention span of a 3rd grader. Nothing against 3rd graders, but I think I can do better than that-and I intend to. The next 4 or 5 weeks will be different for me and Mr. M. I don't know yet to what extent he'll be joining me, but I'm sure this experiment will benefit us both regardless.

No hay comentarios: