lunes, marzo 17, 2014

My Personal Blog Procedures, Protocols and Preferences.

I realized that blogging is, for me, too personal to give tips; so I will instead just share the parameters I use when I write. These aren't rules for bloggers, they are merely a list of rules (loose) for MY BLOG. (Feel free to implement them as you see fit.)

1. Make friends, not money. I don't use my blog to make money. (Good thing, because I'd be a miserable failure and a pauper for life if I did.)

2. Keep it simple, sister. I like to get to the point without using unnecessary fancy talk.

3. Keep it simple, sister. I don't like lights flashing at me or little cartoons dancing on the side while I'm trying to read.

4. Trim the fat. Don't keep links to blogs that haven't been updated for years.

5. Use your words. Pictures are fun, and sometimes helpful, but I write because I like to use words. My readers will know what I mean if I write about "a blue pen"; I don't need to show them a picture of one.

6. Don't pretend to be someone you aren't. I didn't go to Princeton. Or Yale. Or any 4-year university. I'm just a girl who likes to write.

7. Don't write pointless drivel that no one cares about. This one is pretty subjective.

8. I do this for fun. A lot like #6. I am no professional. I don't aspire to be a professional. I write what I want to, when I want to. I'm totally inconsistent with my grammatical correctness, still undecided about the Oxford comma, and I rarely edit my writing.

9. Don't try to hide God. I'll never hide my love for Jesus or keep it a secret.

10. I'm a lover, not a fighter. There are more than enough blogs full of fightin' words; this is not one of them.

11. Keep it unconventional. There are a million Top Ten lists. Why not go for a Top Eleven? (Or 12?)

12. My blog is an end unto itself. It isn't just a vehicle for getting a book deal. This is very similar to #8.

2 comentarios:

Debbie dijo...

Love these!

The Resident Writer dijo...

Thanks! #8 was my favorite.