lunes, marzo 24, 2014

The Complex Relationship Between Cake and Icing.

I was reading Luke 14 the other day, about the cost of being a disciple of Jesus. Verse 33 really hit me. There, Jesus says, "In the same way, any one of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple." Everything! If I am understanding this correctly, Jesus is all we need. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Everything . . . Mr. M, family, friends, my house, amazing California weather . . . it is all good stuff, but none of it is necessary. That prompts me to be more thankful for those good things when they do come along. I also hold them more loosely, but I am ever more grateful to God for them, seeing that He hasn't just given us what we need, but He's lavished us with all manner of good blessings. God is surely good to those that fear Him.

No hay comentarios: