lunes, abril 28, 2014

Bitter Weeping

I was reading about Hannah and her longing for a child in 1 Samuel. Verse 10 says that she, "In bitterness of soul, Hannah wept much and prayed to the Lord." My own weeping and tearing up has been a real source of frustration as I've always prided myself on being relatively level-headed and comparatively logical and in control of my emotions. Through my readings in the Psalms, though, I have been reminded that God knows we are but dust and He has compassion on our feelings of loneliness, bitterness, and unmet desire. David was constantly pouring his heart out to God, including his feelings of sadness and betrayal. Our God knows that our flesh is weak, however strong and sturdy our souls may be. He will help us and have compassion on us as we give Him the burdens of our hearts.

No hay comentarios: