lunes, septiembre 01, 2014

Church, Friends, and Funny Names

Last week, I read Why We Love the Church by Ted Kluck and Kevin DeYoung.  I have loved Christ's church ever since I became part of it, and this weekend provides a perfect example of why I love it.  Mr. M and I went to our weekly Bible Study on the college campus Thursday night.  On Friday night, we went to a different Bible Study-more of an outdoor concert with an informal Q&A session with the pastor-to help with sound.  At the end of the evening, I arm wrestled with Steachy.  (It was a tie.)  We got up early Saturday morning to help our friends, the Towers family, move.  We left the moving party early because we were helping with sound at the wedding of a friend of ours at church.  Sunday, of course, was church, immediately followed by lunch with a cute young couple.  Much bonding happened over burritos.  We went back to church for the evening service, and being a holiday weekend, we stayed late and then invited some friends over for dinner.  Mr. and Mrs. S came over, plus Shaniquah and Mr. Biannually.  Today, as Mr. M was working on some household projects, Persnicketta and I went out for coffee.  Much later, after resting at home and reading, Mr. M and I went to the mall, where we ran into Persnicketta and Splasma and Superman.  We all made plans to meet after a while to watch a movie at our house.  What a blessing it is to have a church family to be part of and to serve, and also what a blessing to have a home where friends are always welcome . . . and welcome to grapefruit soda.

No hay comentarios: