lunes, septiembre 15, 2014

Written in The Mall of America in Minnesota

While on vacation, I went to a bookstore.  My first impulse, since I am now a published poet, was to buy a book about poetry.  However, for a number of reasons that I don't have time to go into right now, I bought a book about grammar instead.  I must say, even at the risk of sabotaging my poetic career, that I am a better writer of prose than poetry; Persnicketta told me so.  (Now that I think about it, though, Persnicketta has a poetry blog, so she might have been encouraging me to keep my focus on prose and off of poetry so that she'll have less competition.  Hmmm.)  All that to say, I'm sticking with prose, and embracing my inner grammar snob.  I'll leave the poeming  (I really need to read that grammar book soon!) to Persnicketta.

No hay comentarios: