viernes, enero 09, 2015

Another Something New

I walked over to the public library to look for some inspirational reading.  This is what I found.  It is a collection of interviews with women (mostly older) who hike extensively.  As I plan to hike the length of the Appalachian Trail, or the AT, as it is known to hikers, I could be interviewed for a book like this in a decade.  All the stories start somewhere; my story would start on Jan. 4, 2015, the day I casually strolled into a huge sporting goods store, not looking for anything in particular, and my eyes caught sight of a pair of slightly used hiking shoes on sale for 60% off.  And there began my journey-my new life as an adventurous outdoorswoman.  I'm so blessed to have patient friends who actually know what they're doing in the outdoors, and are legit backpackers, who put up with my whims and eccentricities . . . and who knows; one day I just might be interviewed for a book like this.

No hay comentarios: