martes, marzo 31, 2015

Seeing Bigfoot in the 'Burbs

I am pretty notorious for slurring and shortening words.  Mr. M likes to point out how often I say, enthusiastically, "Gat!", meaning "Look at that!", the very expression you'd use if you had just seen Bigfoot walking down the street.  A friend of my has pointed out the many times my answer is, "Aight."  That, depending on the question, can be either, "yes" "no"  or "I don't want to say anything negative, but it's pretty gross, actually."  The definition of "aight" is all in the facial expression.  I am unsure, regarding speech, if I specialize mostly in syncope (removing bits from the middle of words), aphesis (removing letters from the beginnings of words), or apocope (lopping off the ends of words.) All I know is that I'm glad I can write out my thoughts and avoid all those problems.

2 comentarios:

Marie dijo...

Your facial expressions are great, they really do communicate at least as much as your words. I enjoy reading them, they are hilarious, just like you :)

The Resident Writer dijo...

Thank you. It's hard to hide my disgust or delight in anything-it's not that I'm so honest, it's that my face betrays me!