jueves, abril 23, 2015

A Rare and Unrivaled Indulgence

I write this from my bedroom as I lounge on the bed.  The window is open, so a chilly breeze is floating around.  Men with power tools are tearing our living room apart, so I am banished to the bedroom for the day-but I don't mind at all.  In fact, I'm loving every minute of this banishment.  It is a gray, gloomy day, the kind of day that makes you just want to stay inside.  I feel like a traveler, spending the day in a motel room.  I don't think I've ever spent more than 10 minutes in our bedroom during daylight hours.  It's a nice room . . . minimally furnished, but nice.  This room really is just a room for the bed: there is little else here: a globe, a clock, and some books.  (Among them, a biography of Julia Child, who built an empire out of what started as a hobby for her-remarkable when you think about it.)  I'm enjoying spending the day in a small room with an open window and an open book.

3 comentarios:

Marie dijo...

I dig the slippers! Did you guys ever come to an agreement on carpet color? :)

The Resident Writer dijo...

Yep--Exotic Sands.

Anónimo dijo...

Those are the best slippers I've ever seen!! And what's this about new carpet? You're saying goodbye to the blue carpet?! (This is Laina. I've forgotten my login so I have to post as "anonymous".)