martes, julio 28, 2015

Dear Mindy Kaling

"Married people, it's up to you.  It's entirely on your shoulders to keep this sinking institution afloat.  It's a stately ship, and a lot of people, like me, want to get on board.  Please be psyched, and convey that psychedness to us."  -Mindy Kaling, Emmy-nominated actress and writer, quote from 2011.

Dear Mindy Kaling, I am married, and I am psyched about it.  One of the things I love most about marriage is just knowing each other so well.  For instance, when I was thinking about this post and how I hope it will make its way to you, I couldn't think of the term, "seven degrees of separation."  So I asked Mr. M, "What's that rule of 7, and something about Kevin Bacon?"  Anyone else would have thought I was just crazy.  Mr. M knew exactly what I was talking about and casually said, "Oh, you mean seven degrees of separation?"  How can you not love and enjoy spending time with someone who knows you that well?  I say you can't.  It is impossible not to want to spend time with someone who knows the way you think as well as you do.  So, Miss Kaling, I hope I have done right by you and other single people who want to be married by sharing how wonderfully enjoyable I have found marriage to be.

If anyone reading this knows Mindy Kaling, or knows someone who might know her, or even knows someone who might know someone who knows her (or knows her assistant or co-worker or landlord), please pass this on; remember, seven degrees of separation.

No hay comentarios: