miércoles, octubre 21, 2015

This Is Not Good.

I have just finished Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer, and a few weeks ago I read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  Both books are about war and the soldiers who fight in them.  Also, the unrest in the areas where the fighting's taking place.  Even as I sat in the cool back yard with my little dog, I couldn't say the time was heavenly; how can you when you know that innocent people who just want to live their lives in peace can't do that?  For the most part, I'm talking about people in war torn countries, but there are millions of people in America living in poverty and in sickness, just barely surviving.  It all serves to remind me that this is not Heaven.  Thank God.  This earth is not our home.  In God's new earth, there will be no military conflict, no poverty, and no sickness.

1 comentario:

Marie dijo...

Agreed!!! Come, Lord Jesus!!!