miércoles, enero 20, 2016

No Picture, Just Words

When I first started my blog, my idea was to use words only to convey my ideas and get readers' attention.  I see now that just doesn't seem to cut it anymore.  I don't know if our attention spans have gotten shorter, or what, but I am fairly certain it has to do with the constant bombardment of unnecessary (to us) news and flashy ads.  I am so tired of all the noise!  The audio noise, and also the visual noise.  I am so tired of the endless inane chatter at the gas station that that alone is enough (almost) to make me want to buy an all-electric car.  Speaking of words, though, I just read a delightful book by Sophie Hudson, Home is Where my People Are.  I've been immersing myself in more serious, studious, scholarly books, and I needed a break.  This book was perfect.  It is a type of memoir, and Sophie is a great writer.  If I ever wrote a book, I'd want it to be a lot like hers, just with my name on the front.  It is the type of book where you feel like you know the author and could hang out for a whole day without even one awkward silence.  But my break is over now, and it is time to get back to the heavier books.

No hay comentarios: