martes, mayo 24, 2016

Seeing God

Job, at the end of his sufferings, and after many conversations with God, says to Him (in Job 42:5), "My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you."  I've suffered enough to be able to say this also.  I had heard of God from childhood.  Since my earliest days, I had heard that He created the heavens and the earth, and that He made me.  Having a diseased organ in my body caused me to see Him, to know Him experientially.  I had to believe profoundly in the things I had heard.  I had to believe deep in my heart that He made me, and that He made the disease I had.  He knit me together in my mother's womb, diseased organ and all.  (Psalm 139.)  When God called Moses in Exodus 4 and asked him to speak on His behalf, Moses didn't want to do it.  He told God that his speech was slurred and his tongue was so.  God answers simply, "I know; I'm the one who made you."  (Ex. 4:10,11.)  God knows all of us intimately.  He made us.  He knows how hard it is for me to navigate stairs and to walk on uneven surfaces.  He knows that I am terrified of standing on any type of ledge. But He also says to me, "I will help you",  just the same way He offered to help Moses speak to the people and do what God had called him to do.  Whatever God has called me to do, He will help me do it.

No hay comentarios: