domingo, septiembre 11, 2016

Standing on God's Word, and The Dangers of Division

God is big and great and worthy of all praise.  God is far bigger than our doctrinal disputes.  He is far greater than the silly arguments we engage in over His character.  Our time would be much better spent in praising Him for being Lord and Creator of all, than in immersing ourselves in "needless controversies (2 Tim. 2:14-26).  Don't get me wrong, I am all for sound doctrine.  (Titus 2:7.)  I just think that Christians sometimes forget to make it our priority to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace with those who call on God out of a sincere heart.  (2 Tim. 2:22.)  I fear that many in the church get distracted from living lives of holiness and get caught up in the newest doctrinal debate.  I fear we are sometimes like the Pharisees, who, in their zeal for truth, practically shut the door of Heaven to others.  (Matt. 23:13.)  God is too great to be comprehended by anyone; He will not be fully known this side of Heaven.  I throw myself fully on His mercy for my inability to fully know Him or understand His ways.  I think it is right for all Christians to entrust our souls to His mercy.  As Christians, we stand apart from the world, because we stand on God's word.  We who stand on His word must stand together.

No hay comentarios: