lunes, agosto 28, 2017

Lessons in Discipleship

This photo is from the early 90s, near the time when I was befriended by Elle.  I was thinking more about our friendship.  What I find odd as I look back is that our friendship existed in a vacuum of sorts.  She never mentioned her family or her past, or, really, anything about her life and her feelings, and she never asked me about mine.  This has something to teach me about friendship, and also discipleship relationships.  It teaches me that in any healthy relationship, we talk to each other, and know each other's friends and family . . . or at least know about them.  What else can I learn from this relationship?  What do you learn?  What are your thoughts on discipleship, and how do they relate to this experience?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this important subject.

No hay comentarios: