lunes, septiembre 04, 2017

Mystery Monday

If you've been reading my blog, you'll know I've been expanding my literary horizons by reading horror and mystery stories.  I've also written about some interesting characters in my life who've vanished.  Last night, the two came together.  I had read a mystery story about a dream.  That night, I had a dream that involved one of those characters who completely vanished from my life.  In the dream, my family and I were vacationing at some familiar (in the dream) destination to us, and this friend who I haven't seen or heard from for years (I'll call her Allie) was helping us navigate the place.  I woke up, unsurprisingly, thinking about Allie and how I miss her.  We were close, and I loved being her friend.  We had great times together, but when she came out to me as a lesbian, she (wrongly) assumed I wouldn't want to talk to her again.  She quit talking to me, quit the job where we met and worked together, and moved far away.  I haven't seen her since.  I'm sad about that.  She asked me not to talk to her, so I've respected that, but that means that I'll never get the chance to tell her how much she meant to me, and how much I enjoyed our friendship, and that I would have still been her friend had she not quit talking to me.

No hay comentarios: