lunes, agosto 05, 2019

Annual Relational Review

I've never thought of myself as a people-pleaser, and apparently even if I am one, I'm not very good at it because plenty of people aren't pleased with me.  I have seen in myself the need to get to the root of why in the world someone might not like me.  I am, after all, very nice.  I am fun, and I am funny; in fact, one might even say I am a HOOT!  Facts must be faced, though, and the fact is that some people just don't like me-and that is OK--and I need to be OK with it.  I need to not obsess over the reason.  I just need to face the fact and accept it.  I did some spring cleaning on my phone today.  I deleted a few contacts who haven't called or returned my calls for years.  I don't give up easily on friendships.  I am well aware that we can't properly come before God in worship if a brother or sister has something against us.  (Matt. 5:23,24.)  But we also can't expect everyone to like us-even if we think we are eminently likable and pleasant . . . even if we are a HOOT. 

No hay comentarios: