domingo, julio 28, 2019

New Reading For Me!

I was so happy to find this at church this morning!  I'm sure it's all good and well to read instructional books about childcare, but I am convinced it is vital to also learn how to best care for their souls and raise them to be young men and women who will honor and serve God in every area of their lives.
I am also excited just to be excited again.  I did recently experience a prolonged period of ennui, a short malady of malaise wherein I just wasn't finding much pleasure in anything. 
One thing that excites me about this book is that I can now apply it.  Being part of a childless couple in a church full of families isn't easy.  You feel very out of place, very "neither here nor there."  There are a lot of singles, and a lot of families, but few childless couples.  It's no fun being stuck in the middle, even if you are stuck with a great guy. 
If you have kids, please have some single friends who feel like family. Share your home and your family life with them.  Make them feel included.  Let God use you and your family to fulfill His promise to "set the lonely in families."  If you are single, please don't think you need to stick with other singles.  The Church is made up of all kinds-if you don't believe me, read 1 Cor. 12.  Let me quote a passage so that you will see the Biblical teaching about the diversity that must be found in the Church :  " . . . those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor.  There should be no division in the body, but its parts should have equal concern for each other.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it.  If one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

No hay comentarios: